Delicious fried rice with carrots, peas, onions, eggs, and best of all BACON!
6slicesbacon diced small
1cup carrots, diced
1mediumsweet onion, diced small
1 cup frozen peas
2 teaspoonfreshly grated ginger
4cupsday-old cooked, chilled white rice (break up any large clumps)
3tablespoonslow-sodium soy sauce (make sure to use low-sodium or it will be too salty!)
salt and pepper to taste (I don’t use, it’s salty enough for us)
3largeeggs, lightly beaten
1. In a large cast iron pan, or large nonstick skillet over medium heat add bacon, and cook until crisp. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet.
2. Add in the carrots and onion; sauté until vegetables are soft and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add frozen peas and cook an additional 3 minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic; sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
3. Stir in the rice and cook for about 6-8 minutes to fry the rice, stirring occasionally so that it can crisp up on the bottom.
4. In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce. Add to rice and a pinch of salt and pepper if needed; continue stirring for another minute. Add the cooked bacon.
5. Move the rice to one side of the pan and add eggs to the other side, quickly scramble eggs and then mix rice and scrambled eggs together until combined. Top with scallions. Enjoy!