|I’ve had this recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen tucked away to make this summer, once corn is in season. The other day I was shopping at Aldi’s and they have sweet corn (on the cob) and thought why wait for summer. The corn was actually good and combined with so many other great flavors and textures, this salad was delicious. I’ll be making this again soon because it’s too good to wait until corn season!|
Slightly adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen
- 2 cooked chicken breasts chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup corn from 2 cooked corn on the cobs
- 2 boiled eggs, chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
1. In a large bowl place (cooled) cooked chopped chicken breasts.
2. Peel and pit avocados, slice into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Add (cooled) corn, boiled eggs, chopped bacon and green onions.
4. Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over your salad and lightly toss to combine. * If making ahead, Cover the bowl with plastic wrap directly over the surface of the salad (keeping the air out will prevent the avocados from browning) and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serves 6 side salads or 4 main dish salads
*Easily halved to make 2 servings as the salad doesn’t store well for leftovers.
This is another favorite avocado recipe from Natasha’s Kitchen